Tank Versus Tankless Water Heater Installations
A water heater is a significant investment for your Roseville, CA, home. When shopping for a new water heater, you must consider the installation cost, the appliance’s operational efficiency rating and longevity. Read on to learn more about tank and tankless water heater installations and which is right for you and your needs.
Tank Water Heater Installations
Most homes in Roseville, CA, have water heaters with storage tanks. Tank water heaters contain an insulated tank that usually holds 30 to 50 gallons of water. They use either electricity or natural gas as their fuel source. Tank water heaters that use natural gas are about 50 percent more energy-efficient than systems that use electricity.
- Lower initial cost than tankless water heater installations.
- Maintenance and repairs are cheaper because of their simple design.
- Cost more to operate than tankless water heaters.
- Occupy more space than tankless water heaters.
- Have about half the lifespan of tankless water heaters.
- Can run out of hot water and require waiting around for more.
Tankless Water Heater Installations
Also known as on-demand water heaters, tankless water heaters use high-powered burners to quickly heat water running through the heat exchanger. Tankless water heaters deliver hot water directly to faucets and showers without storing it in a tank. Here are the pros and cons of tankless water heater installations in Roseville, CA:
- 24-34 percent more energy-efficient than tank water heaters (on average).
- Last 20-30 years with routine tankless water heater maintenance.
- Provide hot water instantly and don’t consume additional space.
- Higher upfront cost than tank water heater installations.
- Costly to retrofit if you already have a tank water heater.
Water Heater Services in Roseville, CA
Are you building a new house in Roseville, CA, and need a water heater installation? At Elk Grove Plumbing & Drain, we recommend installing a tankless water heater. Contact us to learn more about these energy-efficient water heaters.
Image provided by Thinkstock
You May Also Like
Debunking 4 HVAC Thermostat Myths in Roseville, CA
The HVAC thermostat is an incredible device that helps control the temperatures in your home to ensure a consistent indoor climate. Despite… Continue Reading Debunking 4 HVAC Thermostat Myths in Roseville, CA…
Should I Repair or Replace My Furnace?
Do you operate a furnace to heat your Sacramento, CA, home? With annual maintenance, your heating system should last at least a… Continue Reading Should I Repair or Replace My Furnace?…
5 Questions to Ask an HVAC Company in Citrus Heights, CA
Choosing the right HVAC company is an important decision. It can determine the quality of your heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems… Continue Reading 5 Questions to Ask an HVAC Company in Citrus Heights, CA…